about
user information
weblog information
Just Y[e]N's blog.:]
Welcome.
No archives, yet. Lost the code. =p
reads
Thursday, July 31, 2008
start post/So much sacrifice made this semester.
Social and leisure time cut to a bare minimum, if there is any at all.
I wonder, is it really worth it?
All these running around, and rushing to meet deadlines. Squeezing, wringing our brain juices dry for projects. And what we get in return in some experience and maybe an average grade.
Worth it?
You tell me.
It's my final year at poly. I really love it here. I can be myself, I was myself, I am a better self. Better than I was in JC and definitely not as miserable. I feel free and respected and my desire for freedom's respected too. Any complaints? Yes, one thing, more intellectually-stimulating individuals to meet. Not that there aren't. Just more.
There are many several interesting people I've met, want to met and hope to meet. Definitely, poly's a mix of cultures, races, age, behaviours, beliefs and all that. I love meeting new people, even more so in poly.
Only regret? Meeting people older than myself. Or at least around my age. I can't help but treat people younger than me like ... well, younger people. The kind of treatment, you know, as though you're taking care of a younger sibling.
Been talking about life, ambition and people lately. I love that kind of talk. Talk of the future and what could be. It rocks - talking to people who think un-Singaporean-like, you know, the type that's not restricted. I've met some people over the years who are still restricted to that kind of spoon-fed, narrow-minded thinking we were all used to in our younger days. People should be more worldly, read a wide range of topics or books, or at least, think deeply and speak deeply about things that matter. That's why I love my MIA class. You actually think in that class. Mostly. It's not a brain-dead class, which somehow, I'm not used to.
I love a challenge. Not as much as some people. But my kind of a challenge - at my level. You know, the kind that you think that you can't do it, but you'll try anything once? So it's subjective. :]
At the end of this, I'm really happy. Despite my complaints and grievances about things, I really do. I'm happy where I am, and where I think I'm going to be. I can't wait for my life to start elsewhere. Meeting new people, missing the old ones, and trying to catch up with them (both meanings intended ;] ).
It's time to reflect on your lives.
What have you done today that makes you happy or happier?
/end post