about
user information
weblog information
Just Y[e]N's blog.:]
Welcome.
No archives, yet. Lost the code. =p
reads
Sunday, August 10, 2008
start post/I got to go for NDP this year.
Pretty cool fireworks display and several other things.
Only thing is that this year's parade was overshadowed by the rain and, of course, the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony (which was extravagantly awesome btw).
Had rather good seats. Good view of the stage and the big screens. Although the mood was rather subdued this time, I can't forget the memories I have had being a participant years ago.
Many things had changed since then. (Gee, I make myself sound so old.) It was my first time watching the show on the Floating Platform @ Marina Bay. Pretty cool, good view, very nice sunset and skyline.
Here come the bad parts. Like every year, I dread seeing the 'show' part of the parade. You know, the part where students dress up and run amok on stage. I exaggerate, but it's a close enough description.
This year's show was rather, uninteresting. People seated around me could attest that I spent the entire duration of the 3-part mass display deleting photos on my gradually failing digicam.
Just some photos I took of, before my camera filled up and bailed on me. Last couple of shots were taken using my L760 mobile.
At the end of it all, it's a 'must-go' party every year. Just to see what they have in store for the nation's birthday.
Happy 43rd, Sg!
/end post
Labels: the images, the updates